Drop in bluetooth replacement for Jensen MSR3012A

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickgrizz

I am looking for a direct replacement for the head unit on my 2012 180 Challenger 215SE. I'm trying to get proper bluetooth connectivity on my head unit without having to replace my Jensen MWR75 remotes. I have 2 speakers added on the transom as well as one of the MWR75 remotes that is identical to the one that came with the boat at the helm station.

The MSR3012A that came stock is a pretty big piece of junk, but it's going into a 500 watt amp that is doing the heavy lifting and equalization, so the only real concern is bluetooth/iPhone connectivity on the head unit. The biggest thing is I was looking for is a head unit that would be compatible with the two remotes.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 26
Yep I also tried that exact one. The sound quality was total garbage. Even plugging directly into the Aux outlet there's a noticeable drop-off vs testing it with a CD. I was also hoping to have all the controls on the remote work, vs just being able to adjust volume while plugged into aux outlet.

Hi, I just replaced the stock radio in my 97 Challenger 1800 with this one from Walmart...Dual Electronics XDM16BT High Resolution LCD Single DIN Car Stereo with Built-In Bluetooth, USB & MP3 Player ,it was less than $20 and sounds great. I mainly wanted bluetooth with USB and MP3 availability, no need to carry CDs..the stock radio had bit the dust. The price won't set you back much if you need to replace it down the road. I also replaced the stock speakers which were disintegrated with a couple of Pyle 6 1/2 inch speakers for less than $20...and they also sound great for the money. I know I could have spent more for the radio and the speakers but they work well enough for me. Good luck...

I got this guy (apparently I can't post links?) installed on my boat. Not sure if they did it in the head or the amp I had installed. It replaced the remote perfectly. I still have the same head you have that basically acts as a volume controller.

Since I can't post links for some reason the unit is a JL Audio MBT-CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back