Driveshaft not engaging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ivbrow

Got a 1997 seadoo speedster that I’m finishing restoring. I rebuilt the jet pumps (impeller spins great), took it out and it ran fine for about 30 mins, top speed 55 mph. When I tried to plane it, I heard a big thump and then the right engine reved but no thrust at all. Took it apart at home, the drive shaft, pto, and impeller have good splines. When I push the drive shaft all the way into the pto, it spins freely. I can pull it out about and inch and it locks ( engages) with the pto.. the rubber bumpers are intact. Any thoughts?

I don't think there should be 1 inch of play. I've never had any play unless the rubber bumpers have been damaged. And the driveshaft should be good when it is fully pressed in. There must be damage to the PTO splines. But not sure why there is so much play with your driveshaft. Do you have any shims on the pump that should not be there? Is it the correct driveshaft? Are the motor mounts good?

Can you try the driveshaft from the other engine and see if you get a different result

Got a 1997 seadoo speedster that I’m finishing restoring. I rebuilt the jet pumps (impeller spins great), took it out and it ran fine for about 30 mins, top speed 55 mph. When I tried to plane it, I heard a big thump and then the right engine reved but no thrust at all. Took it apart at home, the drive shaft, pto, and impeller have good splines. When I push the drive shaft all the way into the pto, it spins freely. I can pull it out about and inch and it locks ( engages) with the pto.. the rubber bumpers are intact. Any thoughts?
can you send a picture of the driveshaft ith the bumpers

Back