Drive Shaft seal issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinFred

The area i identified is in my 1998 Seadoo XP Limited. The rubber sleeve and bearing (second grease fitting sitting side ways) spun around when I started it. My therory is that the second bearing does not have enough grease in it it go something in it not allowing it to spin freely and caused it to pull of the carbon ring. I will pull it all apart for inspection and replacement and hopefully update on what the issue was.
Any input or suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• XP rear.jpg
    XP rear.jpg
    970.1 KB · Views: 48
Those two aluminum pieces should not be touching. The hose clamp on the far right of your picture should be loosened and the rubber hose should be slid rearward over the black plastic through hull fitting and the clamp tightened to hold it on. The driveshaft should turn freely on the bearings inside the seal carrier. IF the carrier and black hose will not spin freely of the driveshaft the bearings are bad inside.

Your ski does not have the carbon seal.

UPDATE
Inspected the bearing attached to the rubber sleeve and it was drrryyyy. No shaft damage thank goodness. Changed out the bearing and greased very well. Greased the other one as well for good measure. Both move very smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back