Double checking pump cone plug sealant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigJake

I'm changing the oil in the pump cone ('96 GSX). Manual says Loctite 592 on the plug. I used Permatex equivalent 59214 High Temp Thread Sealant and noticed the package says "not recommended for use on plastic or rubber" and the cone is plastic? I looked up the specs for 592 and it says the same about plastic. I've used a couple different sealants on the plug in the past and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here since I'm basically using what the manual calls for. I know a lot use 518 Anerobic sealant, but I'm using what the auto parts store had in stock.

Just another one of the Seadoo mysteries, like how the spark plug "grounding studs" are not really grounded?

Last edited:
Napa typically has 518 in stock.
Ironically, I was at Napa 2 days ago to grab some Amsoil and didn't think of the sealant (actually I was sure I had some in the garage but couldn't find it. I lose track of what's in the home garage and what's at the lake) so I stopped at Advanced Auto while I was out yesterday and they had the Permatex so I used that. Do you have any reason to think the Permatex will not hold?

Loctite 518/515 is basically the same as Permatex 515/518. I think Permatex brand is the one in my toolbox at the moment. Same parent company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back