Does the 787 RFI use oil Injection check valves?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8hifi

I have a 2002 GTX RFI. I got the ski for free a year ago. I've reworked the fuel system (pump, filters, injectors), I've stripped, cleaned, and rebuilt the RAVEs and I've partially reworked the oil system (tank, filter, lines). The ski runs great (for me). It will run a steady 48mph on the gauge and it cranks easily and happily. We've had a blast pulling the kids on the tubes. Anyway, when I got it, the hull was full of oil. I partially remedied that with the repairs done thus far. I'm still getting oil in the hull and I've also noticed that the engine is getting oil in it when left for an extended period. After 2-3 weeks, I have to pull the plugs and pump the oil out with the starter. I figured it was the seal on either side of the rotary valve and was going to try some seal conditioner pumped through the big lines followed by a good flushing of seadoo oil (with a turkey baster, not engine power). If that didn't get it, I figured I'd just rebuild over the winter.

Anyway, on to my question. After reading a lot, I've started to wonder if my oil issue might be related to possible check valves on the intake manifold. I know these type of valves are on *some* of the skis but I can't seem to confirm if the fittings on mine are valves or just 90 degree fittings. I've read this thread (injection oil check valve replacement) which seems to indicate I have valves with part number: 420956510. When I search for that part number, all of the results I see state that my model does NOT have that valve. Can any of you guys confirm if the fitting on my intake manifold are truly check valves? I'd hate to replace the crank only to find that the check valves were the culprit. Thank you for your help!

No, I have never seen one of those fail and on yours they are at the oil pump.

It is your inner crank seals. I wouldn't trust seal conditioner to fix them.

Oil leaks in the hull are typically from the tank seam leaking or the rubber grommets on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back