Does anyone have the Solas Impeller??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Honda

Hi Guys,

I have a few $$$ sitting in my paypal account, and I've been seeing the Solas impeller on ebay for around $250. My pump is in good condition, and supposedly the boat had a new wear ring done before the engine pop'ed. I haven't ripped it apart to verify... but looking in with a flashlight... it looks good inside the pump. Because of that... and because I can't find anything on the solas impeller... I don't what to just throw away $250.

So... if you have one... let me know what you think.

I know that the concord is very efficient in a seadoo ski, and help with fuel consumption.... but the Merc drive is a different animal.

I would also like to hear a first hand review. From what I have heard tho is that they are quicker out of the hole but only the same or a little less top end. E

I would also like to hear a first hand review. From what I have heard tho is that they are quicker out of the hole but only the same or a little less top end. E

I just got mine on friday and waiting to do some other repairs. It looks good. Ill let you know how it is after i install it. Here is a pic:

photo4.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto6.jpg

I replaced the original impeller on our 2002 islandia around 2005 because I ran over our ski rope and it wound the rope into the intake grate and the handle chewed up the original impeller. I was thinking of replacing it with a Solas anyway and this just forced my hand. It helped some with the performance.

So we know the engines are the same from Challenger to Islandia when talking Merc 240's, but are the pumps the same? If that would be the case, I would think the Islandia would experience cavitation more then the Challengers. That's quite a bit more weight it's pushing with the same pump.

The power/pump combination on our 20ft Challenger seems to be a good mix of low end grunt and top speed. We all know it's very hard to have both and usually give up one for the other if we do impeller mods/replacement.

Ours is stock and rarely have cavitation on our boat unless I have some weed action going on. So hearing how this works in an Islandia will be very important for what is going on in this thread. I have considered a Solas if mine were to get chewed up and in need of repair. But I cannot complain about the performance so far. That includes pulling up 3 adults on a tube. 4 is too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back