Docking Bumpers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepmiller09

Hey all I am looking to get some Docking Bumpers for the Ski for my wife. She does most of the docking because she needs pratice and she wanted to get a set of docking bumpers. I noticed there are 3 difffernt kinds. Any one use any of these if so what do you think of them?

PWC Fenders
NAT-1066_med.jpg

Larger Image Kwik Tek HULL HUGR™ Contour Personal Watercraft (PWC) Fender
K-T-HH-P1B_med.jpg

$(KGrHqNHJBkE+OMofz8PBP4OK!V,h!~~60_57.JPG

Thanks,
Miller

I just got the hull-hugr style and they seem to stay Ok. The clip-on one's only work on older machines, The pontoon
style are bulky and a pain to attach (to me).
Just my opinion.

hmm, could have used some of those when the wife T-boned the boat with the ski last week. luckily no damage to ski or boat...

wife crashes into boat
me: "what the F are you doing???"
wife: "I can't concentrate with you yelling at me"
me: "uhh, I wasn't yelling until you crashed into the boat..."

hmm, could have used some of those when the wife T-boned the boat with the ski last week. luckily no damage to ski or boat...

wife crashes into boat
me: "what the F are you doing???"
wife: "I can't concentrate with you yelling at me"
me: "uhh, I wasn't yelling until you crashed into the boat..."

what???
Glad wife ski and boat are all okay.

Op go with pic#1 or #2
Pic#3 are big/bulky as lamajama said.

what???
Glad wife ski and boat are all okay.

thanks Oscar. she was just leaving our dock at idle speed. You have to pass behind our boat to leave the channel. She gets on the ski and I shove her off to deeper water parallel to the boat. She said the ski won't start, so I tell her to just pull the lanyard off and put it back on. By now the ski has rotated 90 degrees in the water and pointed directly at the side of the boat 5 feet away. I'm thinking to myself, there is no way she will try to start the ski until she drifts past the boat. WRONG. I see her hand move toward the start button and my brain is yelling NOOOOOO!!!! But no words come out my mouth. CRASH. I gave up years ago trying to understand how the female brain works...

thanks Oscar. she was just leaving our dock at idle speed. You have to pass behind our boat to leave the channel. She gets on the ski and I shove her off to deeper water parallel to the boat. She said the ski won't start, so I tell her to just pull the lanyard off and put it back on. By now the ski has rotated 90 degrees in the water and pointed directly at the side of the boat 5 feet away. I'm thinking to myself, there is no way she will try to start the ski until she drifts past the boat. WRONG. I see her hand move toward the start button and my brain is yelling NOOOOOO!!!! But no words come out my mouth. CRASH. I gave up years ago trying to understand how the female brain works...

:eek:

We need to start "May be not so funny jet ski story thread".

There have been 3 so far.

Did she blame you like the other dude....
hahahaha

Uhm...hate to admit this...I have a set of the first....hate them. They give you a false sense of security and that's about it...they move when hit...fall off...ect...ect...ect.

If you think you need docking bumpers on a pwc...you need more practice.

Nothing...absolutely nothing beats experience.

Get her out on the water and find a quiet cove...pick an empty dock and or floater and practice.

I find that seadoos rub rails are lower than most docks and can really bang up the seadoo when it's
sitting there..

If the dock or floater isn't pwc friendly..I don't leave mine there for any length of time.

One loose nail against your hull....will ruin your day.

Yep I really check the dock before I even consider tying up. It's very rare I do. I usually tie up to a buoy if possible.

Ive had the first set of pwc frnders there junk for newer skis. If you look at sea doo's Gear & Accessories catalog Its says " recommended for all PWCs 2001 and prior for best fit". Go with the hull hugr they wont fall off and float away. check amazon.com for them i think i paid $17.00ea. for them. The third ones are great for boats not sure hoe it would be for a PWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back