Do the tuned pipe and exhaust cone slide together in 717 motor?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my exhaust welded up and having issues getting the tuned pipe and exhaust cone to stay situated inside of the rubber hose and 2 clamps. The manual simply says there should be no space between them. There is a bit of a tapered edge on the tuned pipe so im not sure if it is supposed to slide together or not. I had the clamp jiggle off today during my test run so i did some looking around and found an old post where somebod suggested some red rtv on the tuned pipe. So i dissassembled everything was able to get the pipes to touch and put some rtv on the pipe under 5he clamp. Still just bugging me if the pipes are supposed to slide together. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ryan

I'm pretty sure they just butt up. Clamps should hold it fine w/o any RTV. I am able to put my pipe together outside the hull, work it in as one piece.

The two ends of the pipe just butt together and touch.
Do not use any RTV on the coupler. It should be clean and soft. Sometimes they get very hard when they are old. The RTV or old oil residue can act as a lubricant and make them slide off even easier. I would either clean yours good or get a good replacement from minnetonka4me. I use a little windex if they will not go on.

Thanks for the info guys. It feels pretty solid in there now. I wont have time to try it for a couple of days but if doesnt work out i will order a new coupler.

So my coupler slid off again. Ebay doesnt seem to yield any results. Going to send a pm to tonka as well, but is there any type of automotive rubber hose that would work? It would seem to be a fairly normal looking hose, not sure if there is anything special about it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back