Display is blank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bobgaudette

I have a 2016 spark. it has been sitting for close to a year with the battery removed. I need to replace the pto(?) (gears in engine that drive the drive shaft) and have not had time to do it. I went out today and reinstalled the battery (full charge). After 15 minutes of cranking it it finally started and ran good (just ran it a new seconds). However, I was confused soon as I put the battery in because I thought that when I connected the key it would beep 2 or 3 times, it did nothing. I also thought the screen came on, also nothing. Any thoughts as to why it does not beep when the key is attached and why the screen does not turn on?

Last edited:
It's possible that corrosion has set into the connectors to the display....have you checked all the wiring? I know its a royal PITA by having to take the top deck off, but the ski should wake up if you install a good battery and push the SS button - a welcome message should display, so you don't need the key to wake the ski up.

Ya, when i press the button in the display area, it does nothing. Do you know how to unplug the plug in the back of the display? Looks like there is a red lever. It doesnt move easily and didnt want to force it when im not sure what way it goes. Looks like it might pull out. Thats if its even a lever/lock. Any idea???

Ya, when i press the button in the display area, it does nothing. Do you know how to unplug the plug in the back of the display? Looks like there is a red lever. It doesnt move easily and didnt want to force it when im not sure what way it goes. Looks like it might pull out. Thats if its even a lever/lock. Any idea???
I believe the RED thing is the connector lock...you need to pull that back and then the connector should release...they can we "difficult" sometimes but they do release (they don't disconnect from the plug though so don't try to remove it, just pull it back)

Then corrosion could be the issue especially that you did not use it in a long time. I am not sure how you clean/wash/spray the inside hull on a Spark but saltwater is definitely a killer.

I'm trying to localize where the problem could be. There are lots of clues for you experts that know the wiring. It starts and runs when the key is attached but attaching the key does not beep twice and at no time does the display show anything. The big plug that I unplug to remove the top looks clean. Wont be home till tomorrow to try and unplug the display plug to look at it (on a 48hr shift)

I'm trying to localize where the problem could be. There are lots of clues for you experts that know the wiring. It starts and runs when the key is attached but attaching the key does not beep twice and at no time does the display show anything. The big plug that I unplug to remove the top looks clean. Wont be home till tomorrow to try and unplug the display plug to look at it (on a 48hr shift)
There are not that many electrical connections on a Spark and you can reach most (if not all of them from the access cover on the side of the ski - mostly), however, since you say the main connector inside the ski looks ok, then that is pointing you to the actual display guage itself most probably....it is exposed to the weather most of the time after all. You may still have to remove the top deck though as the guage is part of the upper deck assembly and I don't think you can access it from the top side (but I haven't had to do anything to my guage yet, so I'm not 100% sure (although I've taken my 2017 Spark apart a couple times already for other things).

Does anyone know the pinout of the plug for the display? I unplugged it today and there seemed to be a little moisture in there and I want to test the cable for power.

I change my display because it get humidity and now i try to start the engine but it run just for a few seconds then turn off again. Help pls

I have a 2016 spark. it has been sitting for close to a year with the battery removed. I need to replace the pto(?) (gears in engine that drive the drive shaft) and have not had time to do it. I went out today and reinstalled the battery (full charge). After 15 minutes of cranking it it finally started and ran good (just ran it a new seconds). However, I was confused soon as I put the battery in because I thought that when I connected the key it would beep 2 or 3 times, it did nothing. I also thought the screen came on, also nothing. Any thoughts as to why it does not beep when the key is attached and why the screen does not turn on?
Hello there. I have the very same issue. I have a 2017 spark. Only used 4 times not even 10 hours on it and next time I wanted to use it no beep when placing the key and no screen. It starts and runs perfectly. Did you manage to get it fix, if so how or what did you find the issue to be ? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, sorry to bring a dead post back to life. New here. I replaced the battery and relay, and im still getting no power to the display. Is there any way to test the terminals that the relay gets inserted to?

My seadoo spark was working fine one day. I docked it to get the trailer and then it hasnt started since.

Last edited:
Back