direct inject

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

twohawjks

im new to this forum but have been working on skies for about 15 years
i just wanted to talk about the injectors on direct inject model skies
here in ohio over the last couple years these have become more popular in my area.im getting more and more in to work with blowed motors and in looking into them finding the problem is lack of knowledge or just miss informed
so im going to put it out there yes fuel injectors need to be cleaned just like carbs on 2 stroke skies if the injectors are plugged they will not spray the fuel properly and may run the engine lean and that will burn the piston
ive had people say i was told or i thought you dont need to clean the injectors ive had enough problems with injectors to invest in a injector cleaning machine
it is amazing the difference in performance on these skis
so the point here is yes injectors need to be cleaned they will gum up just like carbs do and cleaning them is lot cheaper than rebuilding a engine or just replacing them

there are injector cleaners out there i dont recommend using them in the ski could wash oil film of cylinder walls and mess things up
even the spray carb cleaner can do this while using in the ski
while they are out of the ski the injectors need to be cycled to open and close them if wrong voltage or amps are applied it could damage the injector i have tried all ways to do it and the best way is threw a machine made for this
thats why i whent ahead and spent the money for the machine

I do agree that the injectors need to clean. However, the DI injectors are a very good injector that doesn't really gum up unless people don't do proper maintenance or do stupid things like adding oil to the gas. They also are very good at self cleaning which is probably due to the high pressure 107 psi system. I've cleaned them by cycling them on the bench and have sent them off to be cleaned and either way works well as long as you do it properly.

I been rebuilding DIs since they first came out and am only about an hour north of you on Grand Lake. Let me know if you need any parts or assistance like using BUDS. Seems like I only rebuild 4 tecs now but I like the 951s and rebuilding one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back