DI Fuel Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmo12

Now that my season is over here in the northeast, I'd like to get your opinion on this.
Back in July when at full throttle, my 2001 GTX DI owned since new, just shut down and would not restart. The ski has 200 plus hours. Without doing any tests, I just changed the fuel pump knowing they usually don't last 200 hours. I replaced it with a High Fuel 342 DI pump. The machine still wouldn't start. I then made a connection to check fuel pressure. The pressure was 28 lbs at key insert and 80 lbs while cranking. I called High Flow and they sent out a new pump quickly. The second pump was bad also. While trying to figure out if I had a bad fuel gauge or maybe some other problem, I bought a used OEM fuel module. The ski started right up and runs fine. I called High Flow again and they informed me they had an upgraded pump for my application, but it was $30.00 more. I was a bit taken back that they wanted additional money after all the problems, but I bought it. It looks the same as the others, but the part # is 500DI. I have not tried it yet so I don't know if it works.
Has anybody heard of this new pump and why the old model was replaced?
I know some here curse aftermarket pumps and some have had great success.
BTW Thanks to Doowacka and jhjesse for their help back in August.

I am sure they changed it because the old one was junk like you found out. From all I have seen they don't build enough pressure.

Let us know how the new model does.

They needed to upgrade their product because they simply don’t work on DI skis.
Best way in my opinion to see if they have really improved is to try it. You can always go back to OEM if it doesn’t work.

Now that my season is over here in the northeast, I'd like to get your opinion on this.
Back in July when at full throttle, my 2001 GTX DI owned since new, just shut down and would not restart. The ski has 200 plus hours. Without doing any tests, I just changed the fuel pump knowing they usually don't last 200 hours. I replaced it with a High Fuel 342 DI pump. The machine still wouldn't start. I then made a connection to check fuel pressure. The pressure was 28 lbs at key insert and 80 lbs while cranking. I called High Flow and they sent out a new pump quickly. The second pump was bad also. While trying to figure out if I had a bad fuel gauge or maybe some other problem, I bought a used OEM fuel module. The ski started right up and runs fine. I called High Flow again and they informed me they had an upgraded pump for my application, but it was $30.00 more. I was a bit taken back that they wanted additional money after all the problems, but I bought it. It looks the same as the others, but the part # is 500DI. I have not tried it yet so I don't know if it works.
Has anybody heard of this new pump and why the old model was replaced?
I know some here curse aftermarket pumps and some have had great success.
BTW Thanks to Doowacka and jhjesse for their help back in August.
Damn just ordered.a 342 today;(

Let us know if it works. There are some guys on here that had good results. I never installed the last one they sent me.

I am getting there. Saturday at the lake fixing aint no fun
ecb750221c988801e882ccd8475dbec2.jpg

;( 90 & 92 cylinders. Looking for a top end kit. After I open and HOPE that the cylinders are okay and don't need to be sleeved or rebuilt;(

I was thinking winter but maybe I'll get into it before labor day!!;)

Hope springs eternal

If you go top end, probably will need to bore the cylinders with new pistons. I wouldn’t think that you will need new cylinder sleeves.

If you go top end, probably will need to bore the cylinders with new pistons. I wouldn’t think that you will need new cylinder sleeves.
I'll have to get my ass over there to open her up. Reverse torx to open up the head? Not sure I have those at hand. Who sells em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back