DI Check Valve Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have a question concerning the check valve in the tubing line coming from the balance shaft reservoir. The line connects to a TEE near the Rave Solenoid. As an old guy used to say, "I don't understand all I know about this shite." :D When I tested the valve on the RX DI it was not holding anything. Is the engine constantly pulling a vacuum on that line? When looking at the locations for the other hoses this seems to be the case. This engine suffered a failure and I'm looking at Root Causes installing the new engine.

The big concern is that if the valve is leaking and a vacuum is being pulled that it is possible that the oil in the balance shaft reservior can be siphoned off over time. I fixed the valve and other valves I had in my pile were stuck open as well. This might be something good to check on occasion. Which brings me to another consideration. Likely a safe feature is to just put a plug instead of the plug with the hose connection. I don't plan on doing this but I'm curious about it.

Check Valve.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back