Dess Beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange

I hear no beeps when I plug in the dess. Doesn't really bother me, however, I would want to know if the engines overheat. What do I check to make sure the Dess system beeps correctly?

I would start by cleaning the Post on the safety lanyard. It is beeping and saying it isn't connecting to the Mpem, (Multi Purpose Electronic Module) It needs to beep 2 times to let you know it is ready to start. Clean the post and cap with soapy water. Don't use any grease of lubricant on it as it needs a clean connection to make contact. Connect the lanyard to see if it is making a connection. 2 beeps and it's ready to fire up. Some times the beeper is bad. Feel it for a vibration as it just might not be beeping.

I hope this helps.

Karl

I hear no beeps when I plug in the dess. Doesn't really bother me... i think what he means is the boat runs-just doea=sn't beep. if DESS didn't recognize key it wouldn't start. that probably would bother him. anyway, from what i hear the beeper can be had at radio shack for about 10 to 15 bucks. it is a universal 2-20 volt piezoelectric beeper.

Where is the beeper located? Mine does not beep either, but I've had the boat die in the middle of the lake and not start for about 15 minutes. Is it the hole under the dash// (1999 Seadoo Challenger).

Yes its the little hole under the dash. Open the dash cover, pull out your storage tray, it is under the steering assembly, a round black cylinder with a harness coming out of it.

You can buy one at radioshack and just solder up the old harness to the new beeper, good as new. I'm doing this tomorrow or friday on mine.

Post some pics V. That would be cool. Seems like a common question, would probably help a lot of people. :coolgleam:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back