Depth Gauge on 2011 180 Challenger SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosnibor

I hate this thing. I thought it would be good for someone like me learning the area and boating in general. The thing never stops beeping. Does anyone know where it get's it's reading from? I've looked under the boat but nothing has really stuck out so far. Is there something that could be blocking it's reading causing it to constantly go off? Has anyone replace it with something else or better? I'd like some suggestions. (I once saw a guy who put a battery gauge there).

Thanks!

I have the same boat. the depth guage looks like a black rubber cap on the bottom of ur boat. I would have to look but i think it is toward the back. Also if you read in the owners manual you can set it to alert at whatever depth you want.. so that might be why it goes off all the time.

I think I know exactly what you are talking about. Also I have set the depths but even out in the bay where it should be 60 ft I'm getting 2.5ft beep beep beep beep

If thats the case im not sure. maybe the transducer is bad? I would definitely try and reset it before messing with switching the transducer out

There are two settings. Low and high depth. Try resetting to a higher depth warning? I hate the depth finder on mine. I have scrolled through it and can't find where it just shows current depth... Any thoughts from someone else would be helpful.

There are two settings. Low and high depth. Try resetting to a higher depth warning? I hate the depth finder on mine. I have scrolled through it and can't find where it just shows current depth... Any thoughts from someone else would be helpful.

I think current depth sometimes shows as UN or something like that before it figures it out. That is when it's the quietest for me but then it starts back up.

Mine never beeps. I think it's real handy and a better system Than the intergrated depth finder you may see on the same digital cluster we have on the jet skis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back