Depreciation from new

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ne1

Like almost every type of mechanical form of transportation, the original purchaser see’s a depreciated value of their new purchase.

What are folks thoughts on what the % or amount is on a Sea Doo and more or less on certain models.

My reason for asking is in relation to the prices I see in CDN dollars on 2-4 year old machines. To frame this a bit I have seen 1 Sea Doo which is 4 seasons old (for us the fourth is fading fast) asking price a firm $4K less than new (40 hours). And new comes with a 3 year warranty. I personally think way too high of a price. This thing must have more than that for depreciation.

A second example. Top of the line GTX, 6 years old (55 hours). Asking price and OBO of 6.5K less than new. Probably more in line as I would expect depreciation to flatten a bit over time.

Thoughts?

To put some context around this:

All below had between 40 and 50 hours all with cover and trailer all private sales.

2012 GTX s 155 with some dealer options $10,500 CDN OBO approx $8,000 USD

2012 GTR 215 $12.000 CDN or approx $9,100 USD “fairly firm on price”

2014 Wake 155 $12,000 CDN or approx $9,100 USD “fairly firm on price”

I felt the GTX was probably in the ball park the other 2 nope. But hey I could be wrong

Like ATVs, Sea-Doos will lose probably 30% when off from the dealer but they have a tendency to keep a good resell value if low mileage/hours. In they end, they all keep a value of 2,000.00$ CDN if sold in good working order and without a trailer (like my 2003).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back