Dealing with the Dealer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told to do not mix synthetic with mineral. Turns into jello. Synthetic is the way to go. I use seadoo xps-2 synthetic now but may switch to amsoil synthetic.

Recommended oil and fuel use.​

Use High quality low ASH API TC Injector oil.
Do Not use NMMA TC-W, TC-W2 or TC-W3 outboard motor oils or other ash less type 2 cycle oil. Avoid mixing different brands of API TC oil as resulting chemical reaction will cause severe engine damage. Never mix Mineral or synthetics oil together.

Never use fuel containing more than 10 % alcohol,( Methanol or Ethanol) as severe damage will occur. The minimum of 87 octane is recommended for most engines.

Karl

That's true, you shouldn't mix them, but I'm sure not this dealer even knows if the previous owner used synthetic, and that's the only reason the Quiksilver wouldn't work to my knowledge?

what you show is a tc-w3 outboard oil link. Karl said DO NOT us this. No idea why but I would trust him on this one.

"Use High quality low ASH API TC Injector oil."

Is there anyway you could send me a link for this? All of the one's I'm finding say they are also for use on tw3 and NMMA.

Academy doesn't have injector oil at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back