dealer in question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexsteiner

so its been 3 years now since i baught my 06 challenger 180. and since day #1 the dealer that i baught it from has filled me with discussed every time i have walked through the door with a question or called on the phone.:boxing_smiley: when i went there on the first day to pick it up the owner was going over the features and the different maintanance things with me and one of the things that will stick in my head forever is that he told me that the cushion under the front seat and the 2 polls are for a set up table. (yeah ok)any time i ask them a question on my boat its an answer like " im not really sure " or "have to ask the mechanic, and hes out today". another thing that i dont understand is, how do dealers trial run boats if they are no where near a lake or river? i bought my first skidoo snowmobile from these guys but after i bought my first jet boat i drew the line. its a good thing that im very mechanicaly inclined and can fix pretty much anything myself (with the help o u guys), because on this one i always felt like i was just thrown to the dogs. (brp's short warrentys dont help much either) not that i have ever had a mechanical problem with my boat, but if i ever did have to take it to a dealer for servive i think i would have to pick the one thats 2 hrs away and on a lake than the one thats a half hour and next to the expressway. i no your pry tired of my cryin but dont any of you guys have issues with being stuck with a crappy dealer because there close?

to add to another post, its another reason how i found seadooforum.com:hurray:

Dealers

The only seadoo boat dealer closest to me is 50 miles away.I don't think I'd walk across the street to deal with them again.Thank god for this forum:)

Salesmen........

Salesmen are all like hungry, greedy dogs. That's why they are hired by the company. Thats the reason they are choosen by the owners. They know they will press their sales to hard, to get that commission. All sales, cars, trucks, boats, airplanes.........anything with a "commision" status. I loath these people. And quite frankly haven given a few of them a piece of my mind.
When I go now, and they show up with that smile "can I help you", I point blank tell them NO! and then, when I find something I like, I go look for a different salesman (or woman) who wasn't that first greedy dog that came out the first time.
We have to deal with that. Once your boat/ski leaves the lot, they could give a sh*t how you fair with it..........like you said, thank god for some of the BRP warranty. But in my past experience, it's still like trying to pull teeth to get something done in a timely fashion.

There is one memeber here, with the CHallenger 1800, who had a hole in his cylinder. They told him 2 weeks. A year later, he went to get the boat. He got it alright. All the parts of the engine sitting in the floor!.........

Screw the dealerships. I won't even buy from them. I've bought second hand all but once in my life, that experience was enough..........

Sorry for the soap box, but I'm in total agreement here.....(and the mechanics labor charge at over $90....that's absurd!) :cheers:

I think what I was trying to say is that some of these dealers are benefiting from lack of dealerships. Forcing some of us to have issues settled in a manner that should have never occured in the first place. There are a lot of seadoo dealers in a 50 mile radius of me but there only jetski dealers. I realy think that brp should reconsider the dealer customer relation and dealers knowledge of the product they sell. I had always dealt with the owner of the dealership. And the more time I spent at the place the more I learned that the financing guy new more about the boats than the owner/salesman himself.

About the warrenty thing. I'm not sure if its changed or not but my boat came with a 1 year warrenty. 1 year for a 20,000 dollar piece of equipment. They do the same for there snowmobiles. I could buy a kia with a longer warrenty than that (not that I would)

Same as buying a $75000 RV,You'd better be doing a sh#t load of camping that first year to get the bugs out or your on the hook for some pricey repairs.And like boats,motorcycles,etc that first year is only 4-6 months of actual use(in Canada).That's one of the reasons I bought used:)
About the warrenty thing. I'm not sure if its changed or not but my boat came with a 1 year warrenty. 1 year for a 20,000 dollar piece of equipment. They do the same for there snowmobiles. I could buy a kia with a longer warrenty than that (not that I would)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back