Dang if it Ain't Gettin Cold

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Undaunted, I will work through the first cold front of the year in South Louisiana. Had to turn the heater on for a bit to get the chill out of the house. :) I think it is supposed to dip into the 30's for a bit. I'll wait till next week to take the skis for a ride. which is about the time frame I need anyway. It will probably be in the 70s by then. I still need to get me a 3 mil wet suit or something a little thinner. Going for a shorty style.

-35. The cold spell is forecast to last a week and a half. Take the good with the bad. At least there are many nights next to the wood stove, movies to watch. I did take the sled out for a run to see how my carb jetting is for cooler temps, nice brown color at wide open. -35F at 90 mph shows a -90 windchill, it stings FAST if you get a shot of wind past any gear, the helmet, goggles, face mask and duct tape. My truck cuses me everytime I have to start it though........

So cold here I am starting on my Superjet this weekend.
e04a41f4eedc551b70aa223096255076.jpg

When does riding season start and end in your area? I have lived in AK all my life and the "long" season is winter, all others are shorter. On the sunny days I would call those temps good riding, maybe a shorty suit, for sure shorts and a longer sleeve shirt. Anything above 60 and sunny is fair game. On the rare days we get up to 80 and I'm sitting on the lake thinking "I could get used to this" then I think "cra-.... I'm going to be walking on this lake in three months, I gotta move someplace warmer....."

Last edited:
Our typical riding season is May through October but for the past 7+ years we have been in a drought and didn't have any water in our lakes for about 2 of the 7 years but the last couple have been pretty good. We do have the Pacific to ride in but I don't like taking the Seadoos in the salt. Our average summer temps are only in the 70's and if it gets above about 85 everyone here acts like they are going to die since none of the homes have AC.

Back