DAMHIKT (Don't Ask Me How I Know This)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sink

This is a fun one.. and most people have at least one they can add...

DAMHIKT, but if you pull a trailer and leave your Explorer in drive, you will probably burn up a transmission!

or

DAMHIKT, but if you are riding your motorcycle and you stop but don't put your foot down, your motorcycle will hit the ground and your face will turn bright red!!!

DAMHIKT, but if you pull a trailer and leave your Explorer in drive, you will probably burn up a transmission!

If you put your tranny in PARK then you don't go anywhere......so how can you tow a trailer then..............???
therefore you don't burn up a tranny..

If you put your tranny in PARK then you don't go anywhere......so how can you tow a trailer then..............???
therefore you don't burn up a tranny..

If you put it in 3rd gear instead of drive, which is actually overdrive, the transmission doesn't get as hot and doesn't burn it up as easily.... Read the owners manual in most vehicles with automatic transmissions and it says to not use "D" when towing. Seems I forgot this little piece of information when I was pulling a camper...

But thanks for going along with the idea of the thread, Seadoobuddy. Your perception of the obvious is underwhelming!

Yes, I know, but thanks for reminding everyone else.

I said put it in park to tow as a "joke" so the tranny wouldn't burn out. Sometimes even I myself confuse when I'm thinking not straight!

Gotcha.

DAMHIKT, but if you want to learn how to groom your dog, don't do a google search for shaving your schnauzer....

Ha Ha.The old bum crack handshake trick.Guys I know from the Variety Bash used to do this.If there was smartar-e on the bash,one brother would start talking to the guy and the other would rub his hand up and down his crack.He would then go over and get introduced to the guy.They'd shake hands and then the funny bit would start.Every time the guy would take a mouthful of his beer,you could see him looking around trying to work out who was farting.They never did work it out but we were rolling around laughing just from watching it all happen

Back