Cruise control poor mans ski mode? (2012 challenger 180 se)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
TLDR: Is there anyway (CanDoo) to edit the cruise ramp profile or anyway to enable the ski mode? - 2012 challenger 180 se

Hi all, did a search but apologies if this has been discussed before (likely). We have a 2012 challenger 180 se 260hp. It’s got all the upgrades minus the wake tower and being an SE unlike the SP it has the gauge cluster for ski mode but it’s not a selectable option. However there is cruise control which is all but perfect except for the very slow take off to plane ramp up speed.

Assuming you’ve setup cruise speed once and then exit cruise I can use it as follows but it is clunky:
- in normal mode pick up skier on rope and throttle to plane as usual targeting mid throttle
- once skier is up, press mode once
- press set once
- press and hold set until beep sounds and cruise is highlighted
- push throttle fully forward and if required toggle up/down for 1mph increments

Skier falls in, exit cruise and repeat the process.

Cruise is awesome. But the ramp speed while in cruise is too slow for new or heavy riders.

Is there anyway (CanDoo) to modify the cruise ramp profile or anyway to enable the ski mode? If I found an 180 SP instrument panel would I have ski mode, i imagine it’s a software thing? I’d pay seadoo for access if possible.

Cheers, what a summer what a boat smiles for miles.

I would say that that is a hard programmed item.

You should post to the Candoo forums though.
Yes good shout I just emailed them directly.sounds like there is a possibility. Candoo sales rep said it may be a feature they can just turn on (ski mode) depends on my ECU and gauge cluster revisions. WRT increasing the ramp speed on cruise control that is not an option according to the candoo rep.

So now to find someone with a candoo to read my ECU and gauge cluster information. Anyone in Toronto/haliburton/muskoka area reading this that can help?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back