2012 Sea-Doo 210 Challenger SE 310 - Control Handle Stiff

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hilgert

New-to-us boat (and new boaters). I'm not sure if this is an issue that needs fixing, or if this is how it should be.

The Control Handle (throttle control) seems very stiff. It's fine once past moving from forward/reverse/idle.

I believe it is not the handle itself, but is more likely the reverse mechanism being in need of cleaning/lubricating, or the reverse cable may need replacing.

Is it common for the control handle to be so stiff? If not, suggestions to address?

It operates as a cable inside a sleeve. Over time they will corrode. You could have someone outside the boat in your driveway check to make sure the reverse gate/bucket is moving freely. You could also lube the hinge points back there too. I would also recommend opening the cover over the shift handles and cleaning that area thoroughly. If someone spilled something in there…but my guess is that there is some corrosion inside the cable that you are breaking free once it starts moving. I’d also check YouTube for some ideas on how to possibly line the cable inside the sleeve.

I had a 2008 230 Wake Edition and that cable ended up breaking where it attached to the reverse gate/bucket. They didn’t make the part anymore for mine so I had to go with one for a newer model that connected to the shift mechanism in the opposite direction so forward was now reverse and visa versa. Took a little while to get used to!

Back