cost effective mods for a 657

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

93'XP

ive got a 93' xp and was wondering if there was any cost effective mods i could make to it, like intake grate, pipe, impellor? more low end and top speed would be the best, not willing to spend a ton of money, top speed right now is around 48-50mph

Since you dont wanna spend the money, not knocking you or criticising in any way, I would change the impellor and intake only. You start mess'n with pipes, then you need to breathe better, so go with bigger carbs, then k/n arrestors/ocean pro,..etc, just to balance everything out, now your take'n the reliability out. If you know how to work on them, then, yah..port match, smooth exhaust, all that other crap.
Surf around the site, sure people have suggested what pitch and intake work well together, but 50mph, aint bad.

i stumbled across a big write up a guy did. he was modding a 951. he started with stock.did a GPS run. made 1 change did same run with GPS. when he got into the grates, he did not find 1 grate that was any faster or better than stock. all were a little slower than what seadoo put on in the first place. just cause somebody sells it, doesn't mean it is an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back