Cooling & towing question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

get_real

I've been reading the XP manual for my 787 and am a little confused on how the cooling system works.

1) To flush the motor I place the hose pincher between the rear of the ski and the fitting spigot correct? Does this block the water exit and force the water backwards through the system?

2) For towing it says to place the pincher on the water supply hose coming from the impleller. Is that the line with the t-connector that goes to the other rear port on the head?

Just trying to get prepared for flushing out the salt water this weekend, thanks.

For flushing, if you are correct on the location, it is there to keep the water from taking the easy way out, which would be the back of the ski.
For towing you need to pinch the water supply hose, which you are correct, comes from your jetpump. There will also be an arrow on the head right by the inlet, to show the direction of flow.

Kicker is correct be sure the engine is running before you turn on the water or else the water will flood teh engine. The exhaust of the running engine keeps the water out of the engine.

Karl

For flushing, if you are correct on the location, it is there to keep the water from taking the easy way out, which would be the back of the ski.
For towing you need to pinch the water supply hose, which you are correct, comes from your jetpump. There will also be an arrow on the head right by the inlet, to show the direction of flow.

Thanks. If you block the water exit while flushing, where does all the water go? Does it all blow out through the muffler?

yup...and out where the water comes in which is the pump.

Turn the water off, brapp the motor a few times, and shut her down.

yup...and out where the water comes in which is the pump.

Turn the water off, brapp the motor a few times, and shut her down.

Thanks Nick, makes sense. My hose pincher should be coming in from Amazon today so will practice tonight! I would guess you probably don't need much pressure on the water line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back