Converting my 2up Spark to a 3up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey, do you have any pics of this?

Also, i have the Trixx model with the extended VTS, does anyone know if adding this extension deck will be in the way of the trim?

Hey, do you have any pics of this?

Also, i have the Trixx model with the extended VTS, does anyone know if adding this extension deck will be in the way of the trim?

Great write as I joined the site to see the images.

I have a 2018 Trixx 2up and want to convert to a 3up also so great read...

Jeff M

I don't know if anyone else is still considering this mod, but I just completed it this weekend on 2 Sparks. The IBR model requires one step not mentioned here. There is a plastic piece above the pump unit (looks like it is designed to prevent backwash shooting towards inner hull during braking) that has to be removed before the bottom part of the extension can be screwed in place. It is held in place by T30 screws (2, I think) and is most easily accessed with a long extension that puts your socket drive below the pump unit. I deleted it on my install, but am watching to see if I need to figure out a way to replace it, or modify it to fit.

Also, 3 up seats are cheaper now, due to the introduction of the new comfort seat on the market. Search Ebay for deals as people upgrade their stock seat to comfort.

Hi all, thanks so much for this thread! I am looking at buying a pimped out 2018 but the only thing is it's a 2up and I am searching for a 3up so that I can take the nieces/nephews tubing and all that jazz.

Haven't read through this whole thread yet but i will be doing that shortly. But to continue my negotiations, how much approximately will it cost me to buy the parts for this for a 2018 Trixx?

Thanks again!

BUMP - did you ever get the full-size boarding step installed?

Going to do the 2up to the 3up conversion on my 2018 Trixx 2up IBR soon since having issues reboarding in deep water also. 6 foot 275lbs trying to get back on the ski is not pretty.

Jeff M

I don't know if anyone else is still considering this mod, but I just completed it this weekend on 2 Sparks. The IBR model requires one step not mentioned here. There is a plastic piece above the pump unit (looks like it is designed to prevent backwash shooting towards inner hull during braking) that has to be removed before the bottom part of the extension can be screwed in place. It is held in place by T30 screws (2, I think) and is most easily accessed with a long extension that puts your socket drive below the pump unit. I deleted it on my install, but am watching to see if I need to figure out a way to replace it, or modify it to fit.

Also, 3 up seats are cheaper now, due to the introduction of the new comfort seat on the market. Search Ebay for deals as people upgrade their stock seat to comfort.

Nice, any pics or link to the part so I know what to look for?

Also, did you have to add it back or no longer needed?

Jeff M

I didn't take a pic, but it will be obvious which part you have to remove, since the extension won't fit on unless you remove it. I've taken both skis out a number of times so far and haven't noticed any ill effects of removing this splash guard piece so far....

I’m back, sorry but I was gone for a while, divorce life issues but never forgot the water!! I went out on my spark yesterday had a great time.

Here is a video of a gentleman with IBR that added the 3 up extension, he just had to remove a simple piece took 30 seconds I think:

BY THE WAY I never got the full reboarding step I get lazy but it may be in the works - I just bought a 3 up comfort seat I’ll let you guys know how it goes glad to be back

I removed the backwash plate and it had no ill effect. I think with the extension installed it tucked the IBR under and keeps it out of the way when boarding.

When installing the 3up extension on a 2015 2up non ibr. Are holes required to be drilled in hull above pump/jet in center seeing that mine does not have pre-drilled holes? If so, tips on fastening would be apprecated.

Does this qualify for the 3 up qualification to be able to pull a tube or skiier? I think where I live, you can only do it on a 3up.

Ed

Hello Everyone, I am new to this community and this is my first post. I apologize if this isn't the correct thread for this post.

I have a 2023 Trixx 2up. I am want to replace the front Center Console plastic shell (what I call the "Front Forks"). Does anyone know if this is big job or not? I was trying to find some videos, but no luck. After a quick glance it appears i may have to remove the upper steering column, but I'm not sure yet. I was hoping to get some background knowledge before i start taking things apart.

Thanks for your help1000021289.jpg1000021291.jpg

Back