Converting 2007 GTI 130 to 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDoSeaDoo

Hey guys, looks I got jipped when I bought my broken GTI. The guy said it was a 155, but upon further investigation, it might be a 130 (white/yellow/blue color scheme). Right now it's got a busted timing chain and a few broken rockers. I'm hoping the bottom end and pistons are okay. But once I get it running, I'll definitely want to upgrade it to 155hp. Can that be done with BUDS? I hear everything else is the same.

No, it can not be done in BUDS. The ECU will have to be replaced or reflashed to have the 155 program. The 155 and 130 have different camshafts as well so not an easy conversion.

White/yellow/blue was the 06 model. No blue gti in 07. As I remember, all GTI models were 130 in 06 and only silver one in 07 was a 155 and I think it even had 155 in the decals.

1581963100440.png Okay, maybe it doesn't have any blue. Don't remember seeing 155 written on it. The guy swore it was 155hp :( I haven't started messing with it. I looked at the camshafts for sale at SBT, and they offer the same one for all 4tecs, including the 130 and 155. I even confirmed with their chat-line. At Riva, they do have two different camshaft part numbers when you look at the "Yellow/Black" version of the ski. One ending in 851 another 854. I'll have the cam out, as the head got trashed when the chain broke on this thing. So different cam and different ECU... hmm seems too much for just a little more hp.

Hey guys, looks I got jipped when I bought my broken GTI. The guy said it was a 155, but upon further investigation, it might be a 130 (white/yellow/blue color scheme). Right now it's got a busted timing chain and a few broken rockers. I'm hoping the bottom end and pistons are okay. But once I get it running, I'll definitely want to upgrade it to 155hp. Can that be done with BUDS? I hear everything else is the same.
i have a 2018 130 gti se on my year i believe engine is the same including the cam etc etc i just need to buy the riva maptuner and license . i have to buy anyway because i do my own maintenance . i need the riva to reset the maintenance light. and may as well do the remap tp 155 hp at this point it will be a free 25hp if im wrong let me know. .

That is an 07 GTI 130hp. See specs here, just download the pdf file.

2007 GTI Watercraft | Sea-Doo Canada

Actually, the 07 yellow/black one is also 130hp. The only 155 GTI in 07 is the silver/black and it does say 155 in the decals.

I just got back from Ft Myers and bought an 07 GTI yellow/black along with an 11 GTI and an 08 Wake 215. I'll be back down in a few weeks, have 2 more trips planned for this winter. Always looking for people to ride with and skis to fix for fun while I'm down there. I have a full set of tools and BUDS with me at all times.

Hey ski-d00. I'm new here. I recently purchased a 2007 GTI SE. I was unsure if it was 130hp or 155hp as the decals don't specify and it looks like bore and stroke specs are the same on both. Mine has a dark gray bottom with white and yellow on top. I have mirrors and speedometer. From your comments it sounds like I have the 130hp version even though it is an SE??? And is it just an ECU flash to get to 155hp?

The dark gray bottom on yours is actually black if you buff and polish. It is a 130 SE which has the speedo, mirrors, and boarding ladder. Here is a picture of mine which is also your exact model that I ride while I'm in Florida.
IMG_20200219_152155950_HDR.jpg
To make it a 155, you will need to change the camshaft and the ECU. The 155 has slightly better acceleration and a few more mph on top end but really very little difference between them that most people won't even notice so not worth the effort to make it a 155 in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. That is exactly what mine looks like. This is our first PWC. I bought it from a family member who bought it new and then let it set for the last few years. Changed the fuel pump and cleaned up the sending unit and it fired right up. Only has 96 hours. I’ve only had it out once so far but seems to ride nice. Definitely not worth the hassle for the upgrade if the gain isn’t that noticeable. Any other advice or things to look for on this particular model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back