Continuous beeping noise after replacing MPEG module on 1998 Seadoo Challenger 1800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RISSilva

The MPEG was replaced by a shop “and tested at dry dock”, once I put it in the water both engine started, but within minutes I noticed none of the gages worked(including the fuel) and the continuous beeping alert went off. I tested again after few minutes but at this time turning each engine separately and both triggered the alert. As per Sea doo manual, the intense beeping sound means "Serious Engine overheating\Exhaust problem".
* I figured, if the gages are not turning on, it could be something simple as a short or lose clamps\cables
* I will double check the exhaust, perhaps it is clogged, even though I was able to move the boat around the dock at the lake
* Since both engines started, I am assuming, the MPEG is doing what it is suppose to do, so perhaps a sensor or another electrical device is not doing its work, reason for the overheating? or perhaps just false alarm on that perspective?
Note: the boat was in storage for 6 years.
Anyone has a suggestion?
NOTE: I forgot to mention earlier, there was a lot a smoke, beyond norm when the engines got hot

Last edited:
Do you have switches for you nav lights, blower, bilge pump, etc..... If there is an orange one, toggle it. That's your low fuel warning. Is the light in the switch is good it will be blinking. Try it see what happens.

+1 on racerxxx suggestion. That model doesn't have a reserve fuel selector, just an alarm and toggle switch to alert you of low fuel.

Thank you guys for your input.
The fuel tank is full.
I have nav and interior lights, radio, horn, bilge and blower all working.
My main concern is the continuous beeping alert going off, I am afraid it can be something serious where I can damage the newly replaced MPEG module if not properly troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back