Compression acceptable for 02 Merc M2???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattelk

Hello, we have not picked our boat up yet but just received the info from it getting checked out at a shop. The results were 140,133,140,130,140,130. I obviously don't have any paperwork on the boat yet and did the advanced search here but could not find any specifics. Are these acceptable numbers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Those sound like reasonable numbers, and it's good to see that they are all fairly close too each other. I'm not at home right now, but when I get back later tonight I'll check the manual for you and let you know for sure.

Aaron:cheers:

Manual???

Well I went all through the online 240 manual as well as the paper one for my 200, and no where do either of them give a spec for the compression.:confused: The only thing they say in regards to it is that all cylinders must be with in 15psi of each other. Just going by experiance the numbers you posted look pretty good for a seven year old motor with three hundred hours on it.

Just make sure the engine does not smoke a lot and you should be fine.

Aaron:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back