Clunk and go

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncom777

2006 Seadoo Sportster 215 hp.

so Far I've

1. Rebuilt pump due to rocks sucked in & breaking pump.
2. New engine due to piece broken off when supercharger went.
3. New supercharger.

Basically, a new boat. But something strange has happened 2 times. Here is the best description I can give.

Idling fine, moving along with no problems. When the throttle is advanced, the boat doesnt move & goes into high RPM's.

I back off the throttle a couple of times and reverse it and then hear and feel a loud and audible "clunk" and suddenly the boat surges forward and everything is fine.

Now, keep in mind, this has happened 2 times to me in the past week, the engine is brand new. It happened with the previous engine one time the week when the Supercharger's shaft twisted and broke.

This has my mechanic a bit stumped and me too. Are there any possibilities anyone might think of?

Thank you.

Gary Smith
Somewhere in Michigan
Carpe diem

That is a strange one...I would start looking over everything.. fro the impeller to the supercharger. Something isn't right, and more than likely cause a problem down the road.

Karl

Ok,
Motor rev's but no go- motor must be ok.
And reverse it- is only a bucket motor still in forward, is the bucket working properly and not staying in semi reverse position, causing no forward momentum?
I dont have the manual for your boat, but is there a coupling between motor and impeller that could be slipping?
Is the drive shaft secure and not able to move forward or backward, is it disengaging from the splines?

I figured this out!

I finally figured out the problem.

The reverse gate was not engaging properly when I was trying to put into forward too softly. This would allow the engine to rev , but would not engage the drive. The clunk was from the gate "clunking" into place. I've got to see if there is any way I can tighten the action on this, but if not I can just put it into "F" with a little more force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back