closed course ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlowings

I see this a lot when it comes to performance and how you would set up a ski.. What does this mean, and is there another type of course ? :confused:

Racing...

Closed courses are part of a race circuit. This is not really something you'll run into in every day riding....

closed course racing is a marked off area with bouys, kinda on the small side
generaly this type of racing requires better acceleration, not so much top speed.
and also this type of racing requires more " hook" on the pump intake, like a scoop grate or top loading grate as they are also called
deeper turn fins/skegs also will help with closed course racing to turn harder
this type of racing is tight and fast and the water can get chopped up bad
so a ski set up for this racing would not be the best for open water or top speed
mud

I think the main issue here is the fact that "Closed Course" is set just for competitors. It designates that it isn't open for public use during the event. Nascar is run on a closed course for example, as it doesn't have regular traffic or pedestrians on the course. Now a gum ball rally is on a open coarse, where it's cross country on open roads and it interacts with people and everyday traffic.

Karl

I think the main issue here is the fact that "Closed Course" is set just for competitors. It designates that it isn't open for public use during the event. Nascar is run on a closed course for example, as it doesn't have regular traffic or pedestrians on the course. Now a gum ball rally is on a open coarse, where it's cross country on open roads and it interacts with people and everyday traffic.

Karl
Very good way of putting it Karl. Thinking of gum ball rally and how everyone would get together for a Sedoo run. Where is the best thread for photos of this past year? :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
IJSBA has several race classes
closed course being one
you also can run slalom, offshore,drag and free style
boats would be set up different for each type of race
mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back