Cleaning newly purchased 4-tec motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, due to being stationed in Germany for 5 years I have been out of the game for a bit.
Well I am back and just purchased a 2005 GTX SC, 80 hours, 12 on rebuilt SC due to upgraded washers not failure and 0 on last service showing all is well. Lake tested it and I was sold, probably because my lay two have been 2 stroke smaller motor doos.
Anyway, the guy has it stored under a carport in the country and it has accumulated some dust on the motor and inside hull. What’s the safest way to clean that area, including the outside of the motor, as this thing seems to have way more electronics than my past models. Thanks!

If it is only dust I would start with the vacuum cleaner. Than hose it down (gently), dry and spray anti corrosion spray on metal parts and done.
It is safe to clean with water, just don't use a high pressure washer.

Ok sounds great, yeah it seems as if proper after care has been completed it just maybe sat in a dusty area while still wet? I just wanted to make sure if I use water it won’t dry my electric parts... I was going to vacuum it, wipe down with a damp cloth and the. Pending the outcome possibly run some low pressure water over it and out the drain plugs

Simple green and spray with the hose just like washing your car. It’s designed to be in a wet environment and won’t hurt anything.

Spray it with WD-40 and let the compartment dry throughly before storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back