Chip in hull in gelcoat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

markbon535

Hi,
I recently scraped bottom of my GTI SE 130 hull. Mostly just scuffing but noticed a small chip/gouge on bottom measuring about 1/2 long and it looks like a lot of gel coat taken off in gouged area. No fiberglass showing. Is that something I could live with for a few more days of riding or should I try to Patch it before I use it again?
I have have read that using it might peel back coat even more even though it is a small chip.
I am new to PWC. I was planning to go on vacation in couple of days and taking it along, hopefully I still can and Iwould fix it when I get back?
thanks

I have used Marine Tex white or grey epoxy putty for years for temporary repairs on small chips and scrapes in gel coat. Gel coat is the water proof barrier between the water and your fiberglass hull. Fiberglass will and does absorb water especially if it sits in it for extended period. The repair is waterproof and approved for below the waterline. You can due the repair in ten minutes if you sand and buff it out later and if your hull is white or grey your repair is done. As far as separating more gel coat from the fiberglass skimming over the water at 60 mph I would say that is entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back