Checking a super charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to check the super charger? I want to rebuild them but would like to wait until end of the season. I just purchased the boat and they have 260 hours on them.

Is there a way to check the super charger? I want to rebuild them but would like to wait until end of the season. I just purchased the boat and they have 260 hours on them.
You can pull the super charger and check the slip with a torque wrench. Shop manual is 200 hrs Or 2 years for rebuild; around here people recommend 100 hrs. If they have never been rebuilt, you’re past due on the longest service interval. Depending on how long you have left in your season, looks like PWC muscle or GreenHulk can get them turned around in a day or so. Maybe out of commission for a week.
I’m at 180 hours on a 2007 and am a little nervous running out the season and rebuilding in the fall, but we’ll see what happens!

You can check the slip moment without removing the supercharger, however, that won't tell you the condition of the bearings. I've seen bearings fail at as low as 56 hours but were 5 years old. I would never let it go more than 4 years without a rebuild, regardless of the hours.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back