Check Your Trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
About 8 months ago I did a refurb on a double trailer I bought. I figured it'd be good for a long time. Everything new, galvanize paint....Hook up and go. Maybe I put 1000 miles on it. coming home the other day I noticed smoke coming from the left tire. The bearings were completely gone. the back of that hub had a check taken out of it and about 15% of the bearing outer race was visible. I don't know when this happened but I checked the trailer before I left home. I guess I now need to crawl under the trailer and look around before I leave. :) I can't figure out how this happened or when. So... just a reminder.. don't be like Gene.... give that trailer a good once over and look at "everything " before you drive off. If something goes bump, it may be a good idea to pull over and have a look.

Of course I had some tools and got it apart and installed some bearings. Lots of damage and couldn't tighten the nut enough to take out all the slack. Made it home though with one eye on the road and one in the mirror. 40 miles. :) Bearings weren't even hot. I'm saving them for spares. CHECK THOSE TRAILERS !!

Back