Challenger corrosion problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane0524

I have a 2012 Challenger 210 SE 430. Its a great boat and we have used it a lot. It has been used in salt and fresh water but a decent amount in both, about 150 hours combined. I am having an issue with corrosion on the reverse gate and reverse support. There is also some corrosion on the bottom on the intake grate. Why would this happen, the boat does have zinc anodes and they appear to be doing their job? Is there any chance of getting BRP to warranty this problem and replace the parts?

[video=youtube;SojKUoUfJvQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SojKUoUfJvQ[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Spray a good coating of lubricant on all moving parts after you wash and flush your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have they changed their coatings? mine has more marks from usage but no corrosion like that!

My pump and gate still shinny black after 7 years. Maybe they changed from powder coating to ...?

image.jpgI was going to say the same.Looks anodized instead of paint/powder coat.Purple Power degreaser will do that to aluminum .I don't see anyone doing that to a part that doesn't even get dirty.
I should have said PP did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back