Challenger 230 anchor locker lid

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange question specific to the Challenger 230. Mine is a 2012. The door to the anchor locker has a gas strut to hold it open, but it only opens to a point that makes it difficult to get in there and wrestle the anchor and chain in/out. Do others have the same issue? I was thinking of getting a slightly longer gas strut to remedy the issue.

My 2010 Wake 230 is exactly the same. It's an odd angle that it opens to, have to carefully pull the anchors in or out to not bang things or scrape my hands. It's a nuisance, but I never thought of putting a longer strut on.
Alternatively, could probably just remove the strut altogether, not?

My 2010 Wake 230 is exactly the same. It's an odd angle that it opens to, have to carefully pull the anchors in or out to not bang things or scrape my hands. It's a nuisance, but I never thought of putting a longer strut on.
Alternatively, could probably just remove the strut altogether, not?
I think the strut is helpful, both to hold the lid up, but also to keep it going too far. Eventually the lid will contact the gunwale and put stress on the hinges. But, it looks like it could go to 90 deg. straight up and down without binding. I'll experiment this weekend.

I think the strut is helpful, both to hold the lid up, but also to keep it going too far. Eventually the lid will contact the gunwale and put stress on the hinges. But, it looks like it could go to 90 deg. straight up and down without binding. I'll experiment this weekend.
Will be curious to see what you figure out! I guess I don't go in and out of there enough to have ever thought about modifying it, but it is a slight nuisance when you scrape your hand getting the anchors in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back