Anchor question Challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new-to-me 2012 Challenger 230. It came with a normal-looking Danforth anchor. In the anchor locker there is a factory bracket that looks like it would hold a Danforth by the round rod (stock). The small anchor that came with the boat is too long to hang on the rack, the shank is too long to fit in the locker while hanging on the rack. I looked at a new aluminum Fortress anchor, but the smallest one they make is the same length as my galvi Danforth that does not fit.
What do you guys have in your big Challenger boats? Does you anchor fit on the factory rack in the locker? I saw a Chene anchor in a store that looked like it would fit, do any of you have one of those? It is like a Danforth but shorter, and lighter.

I have a new-to-me 2012 Challenger 230. It came with a normal-looking Danforth anchor. In the anchor locker there is a factory bracket that looks like it would hold a Danforth by the round rod (stock). The small anchor that came with the boat is too long to hang on the rack, the shank is too long to fit in the locker while hanging on the rack. I looked at a new aluminum Fortress anchor, but the smallest one they make is the same length as my galvi Danforth that does not fit.
What do you guys have in your big Challenger boats? Does you anchor fit on the factory rack in the locker? I saw a Chene anchor in a store that looked like it would fit, do any of you have one of those? It is like a Danforth but shorter, and lighter.
I

I have the Fortress anchor and lay it sideways in the anchor locker. The ones that fit on the anchor bracket are all to small of an anchor to hold the boat. Not sure but I've read some bad reviews with the holding ability of the Chene anchor.

The Chene anchor that came with my Challenger 180 is trash. Doesn’t hold well in sand or muddy lake bottom and it was really light. Didn’t even work well as a second anchor off the stern to keep the boat straight in the shallows. I picked up two larger Danforths. Keep one under one of the under seat bibs in the bow and the other in the center ski locker. A tight fit for both but the peace of mind with two proper anchors on a windy day at the lake is worth it. (I don’t have an anchor locker like the 230, FYI.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back