Challenger 180 wet carpet when raining

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mods2come

Hi All,

New to this site and Sea-Doo boating in general. I just picked-up an almost new 2012 Challenger 180 SP over the week-end. While unused, I keep the stock bow and cockpit covers on. If raining, the carpet in the bow area gets wet because the bow cover snaps on top of the window. When raining, water will slide on glass and get in under the cover. If it wasn't for that, the whole interior would stay dry.

I was wondering if I was overlooking something? Any people here using some technique to keep it dry? Perhaps some have opted for a full cover?

Looking forward to hear about what others are doing.

The bow and cockpit covers are nice for a quick coverup but if you want to keep it dry you need a cover. I picked up a Poppy cover and it works well however there are openings for the tower so some water will get in. Personally I take my carpeting out if I'm storing it for longer than a week because the backing is made of open cell foam and acts like a sponge.

The bow and cockpit covers are nice for a quick coverup but if you want to keep it dry you need a cover. I picked up a Poppy cover and it works well however there are openings for the tower so some water will get in. Personally I take my carpeting out if I'm storing it for longer than a week because the backing is made of open cell foam and acts like a sponge.

I noticed Sea-Doo is also selling a full cover, but at a much higher price... Do you know if there would be any diffrence in quality?

I noticed Sea-Doo is also selling a full cover, but at a much higher price... Do you know if there would be any diffrence in quality?

Couldn't say but the Poppy cover is very well made. Sea-Doo has a tendency to be very proud of their accessories and their prices seem to reflect it. I was just looking for a wake board rack as well and the price difference betwwen a SD unit and aftermarket piece is insane.

The poppy covers are much better quality and cheaper than the garbage sea doo covers.

i had the Poppy cover for my 108SP and it was great. I sold the factory stuff to pay for it too! The only thing is that you'll still get water in the boat, thru the holes around the tower. Best bet is to remove the carpet and add turf, or remove the carpet after each rain storm and let it dry out in your driveway.

Yes, agree. Will still get wet. I removed my carpet totally, much easier to clean and will make the boat look that much better when I go to sell with new carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back