Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerCase

I have a 96 Sea-Doo XP with a bad dc-cdi box. I’m positive that’s what’s wrong because I swapped the one out of my same year gtx in to it and it fired right up. I’m having a hell of a time finding a replacement for a reasonable price. Is there any way to eliminate it all together and replace it and the other unit with an all in one piece? Thanks.

You replaced the whole box? It might just be the CDI unit on the lid. You can do the Ohm meter checks to determine which one is bad although I've had them not work and have decent readings. I have yet to understand what is important and what is not on the readings. LOL

It is the cdi unit on the lid that is bad. I’m trying to find a replacement for a decent price. I’m not sure where people go to buy these things. Ebay has them but they are mostly used and seem really expensive to me.

Yes the CDI is on the Lid. I"ve seen them for $100. (used) Ebay is about the best place to find them. I use Irby's Cycle for used parts I"m sure Westside (I think that is the name) on this Forum has them. I would just go changing parts like that as it gets expensive but I understand you have to do something. Get the Ohm meter out and start taking readings on the MPEM and the CDI and see if anything jumps out at you. Where are you located?

I have checked it with an ohm meter and compared it to the values in the service manual, I checked the values on the one that I took off my gtx as well. It’s apparent that it’s shorted out internally.

If you proved to yourself it is the CDI get in touch with those suppliers I mentioned. I don't think they will charge anywhere near the prices I saw on Ebay today. Also.... keep checking Ebay or maybe find a scrap ski in your area. 97's are different than the 96 so don't fall into that trap. Good Luck !!

I ended up getting ahold of them at westside power sports. They have one coming for 130 shipped. Thanks everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back