Carbon Fiber Rotary valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgunfan

Has anyone tryed a carbon tech rotary valve? I'm building a 720 for my 95xp and I found one in the box from my old racing day's, But I don't know anything about them. HELP Please.

Does it have the same valve timing cut in it? Is it made for that machine? If you nswered yes to these questions than try it. If you answered no than trash it ... simple as that!

yes to all,it's a 159deg. I have been building seadoo motor's for yrs. back when I raced in the 90's someone gave it to me but I never used it, nobody I knew back then used one ether. just thought someone might have used one could tell me if there worth a damm.

Welcome....

Welcome to the forum oldgunfan!.....good to have you here to chat and learn with us. I’ve never heard of the carbon tech rotary valve but I’ve never raced a PWC either. If your in question as to not whether you can use it. You have to know what degree it is. The 717 (or 720, depending on who you ask) has a rotary valve degree of 159*. There is no identification code on the valve. To find out the duration, place an angle finder on the valve and measure the valve cut-out angle or you can use the cut out template in the shop manual. Have anymore questions, bring them to the forum…..we’re always ready to help!

EDIT:....I had this post written in Microsoft Word, posted it and see you've already posted that you know it's a 159*.....but you know, I don't see why you couldn't try it. The ones we use now are what, 1/64" thick and stainless.......why not try it. It's not really that hard to change out. Normally, you'd think the carbon type would be stronger and lighter, but does it really make a hoot if your not going to race it?........

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back