Carb removal help. 717 engine. Can't get black plastic oil cable out to remove cable.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMetta

Carb removal help. 717 engine. Can't get black plastic oil cable out to remove cable. Can't figure this out for he life of me. Already frayed the cable a bit.

The choke cable is secured to the bracket by a small mm allen set screw. loosen 3/4 turn, then slide out the cable needle.
The oil pump lever cable, is removed by rotating the lever til you can slide the barrel end, cable thru the levers notch.
Go to How-To section of this forum.

I ran into the same situation removing the carb for the first time. I ended up taking the linkage off the carb.

To answer, assuming you are inquire the "elbow" , it has a horseshoe metal retainer clip, C-clip, that you can just turn to align, as the elbow also has this slot, and the bracket has this slot. To remove the elbow from the bracket, you can pull the horseshoe, then the elbow pulls out of the bracket hole. The above enables you to remove the cable, leaving the bracket & elbo intact on the housing manifold/cover.

I don't see the clip. It's just the black plastic cable guide that will not come out. I cannot get the throttle cable out.

The throttle cable plate that the cable rolls on has a notch, rotate the plate so you have slack, the cable end barrel pushes out the side of the plate.

you just chimed back. The end of the cable has a barrel, find that!

Technically it's a 6mm nut, a 10mm wrench fits it, in the pic below with the red arrow pointing to it.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 77
View attachment 36907 please look and help. this plastic piece is killing mer

Your pic shows the elbo orientation at 6 o'clock, and the bracket notch at 9 o'clock. I can't see horseshoe C-clip
as its under the bracket, so just line all three, and loosen the cable as WFO suggested if needed. Later you will
adjust the two oil pump marks, with throttle at idle, and then snug down the not he described so the pump delivers
the correct oil inject into the two RV cover spigots. The piston suction in the manifold will drip the oil into the air/gas
as it enters the lower cases.

Bills86e

Some people will inadvertently install the elbow in the bracket up-side down, so
as to see the clip up when looking into the compartment.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
ok sorry about all the confusion. I ended up getting it out. I wanted to avoid having to readjust any cables. especially the oil cable. thanks for all your help.

ok sorry about all the confusion. I ended up getting it out. I wanted to avoid having to readjust any cables. especially the oil cable. thanks for all your help.

you just did the easy part!!!

when you install the carb back on make sure you align and adjust the "oil pump arm correctly" or the oil pump will be wide open all of the time and your ski will be a moving mosquito killer with all of the smoke coming out of the back---just went threw this install procedure--not so easy doing it for the first time

I agree. Hopefully the reinstall goes well.

If you had loosened the nut and back the cable out, there would be no need to readjust, it would go right back where it was, adjustment only takes a flashlight , a mirror and an 8mm and 10mm wrench, not that much to it really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back