carb question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeptc

Hi, I just got a 99 gts and i just finished replacing all the gray lines. I also pulled the carb and cleaned as well. MY question is when installing my carb i got the choke cable back on as well as the throttle but i noticed there is another cable attached to the throttle under the carb. when i give it full throttle to check for the return on the spring i noticed that the other cable is not retracting. is it suppose to, or am i missing somthing.

I would assume that is your oil injection cable. Don't run the engine anymore until that is fixed. Check the oil pump cable for proper operation.

If you follow this cable it leads to the oil pump - variable oil pump, on the rotating lever and the stationary part there are small lines, they are hard to see on the flat top motors - use a mirror and your girls nail polish to place a dot on each side of each line, now getting this set is much easier, when it is set too rich there will be a lot of smoking, the pump sends in less oil at idle and low speed as there is reduced loading and no need to consume a lot - this lo speed use is where the premix group sends smoke signals and if a long wait for the dock maybe a fouled plug and now paddle to the dock.

ok thanks i figured it out, the spring had come loose while i was try to reattach the throttle cable. i snatched my wifes makeup mirror and slid it under so i could see what was going on. thanks for the responses. by the way i got it all back together and it runs like a scalded dog now.:hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back