Carb Check Valve Rubber Gromets

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Just helped a buddy rebuild his carbs and when he went to do the check valves he went thru the rubber grommets with the small allen driver. It starts and he is water testing it on the weekend but what will the effect be on performance with small holes thru the little rubber grommets?

I just seen an old post of Dr Honda’s last night where he mentions tying a string around the grommet to pull it through, be also mentioned not lining the grommet itself as the string would slip so I’m assuming he lubed the opening instead. I’m going to give it a try ne t time I’m rebuilding a carburetor as I also poked the Allen wrench through 1 of the grommets and had to use 2 of the old ones. I was thinking of using a fishing line and just wrapping it around the grommet a couple of times instead of tying it on.

Thanks guys, told my buddy and he's ripping his carb out and redoing with the old grommets.

I'm rebuilding my carb as well and just finished doing this, very frustrating - tried to work it in with vaseline and using a small screwdriver to pull the edges up on the other side but didn't work, these new grommets are stiff. Finally tried the dental floss trick with the small jewelry blade tip screwdriver pulling up the edges a bit as well while pulling on the floss and it work for both. Hard part is over, big relief!!!

Last edited:
Back