Can't wake up my Wake Pro 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dktubbs

Yesterday I was riding and stopped the ski to talk to some friends. When I tried to restart, it would not "wake up", nothing. Tried reinstalling lanyard several times. Still nothing. Checked battery voltage and it was at 12.78. Checked fuses and all look good. I did not disconnect and reconnect battery which I will do today in hopes it might "reset" the ecm. Any suggestions?

Jump the solenoid, if it cranks this will tell you that the main connects, cables, battery and starter are good. If it cranks, we will work backwards from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow the positive wire from the battery. This will lead directly to the solenoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, don't get anything when I jump it. Trying to multitask today so this was just a quick test. Had the battery out and jumper cables connected to the pos & neg. Possible I wasn't making good connection but it appears nothing is happening when I jump the solenoid. Thanks much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I had some time today and verified a good connection. Jumped the solenoid and the starter did engage. I rechecked all fuses with an ohm meter and verified they were good. I also removed each fuse and made sure there was no corrosion. I'm thinking the next step would be to check the start/stop switch but I don't remember if installing the lanyard "wakes up" the gauge pack too or just if you push start/stop.

I also found this wiring part in the glove box. Previous owner must have replaced it, not sure what it is.IMG_0974.JPGIMG_0975.JPG

With the lanyard on, test the trigger wire (Yellow I believe) at the solenoid for 12 volts when you press the START button. If there is 12 volts, replace the solenoid. If not, then test the START Button for continuity.

Tracked it down to the relay in the fuse box. Thanks much for your assistance. Since this ski has been in salt water I'm concerned of future electrical component corrosion. Any advice? Again, thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back