CANDOO DESS Key Question re: Dual Engines

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG1

I am ordering a Candoo system and was curious how the programming of DESS keys works with dual engines (Speedster 200, 310hp). I read through the Candoo manual and did not see this specifically mentioned, as the system is more centered around single engine skis. Do I need to add the new key(s) to each engine separately?

Thanks in advance.

1 key. Each engine also counts as one license.. be sure to grab the candoopro from PWC Muscle. We offer 10% off with promo code FACEBOOK10

You have to program your key separately into each ECM. According to the service manual, so this would be a 2 step process. You have to plug into the service connector for the starboard engine, then plug into the port engine connector for the other engine.
The service manual says that you would select the key type of "normal" when you do this.
I have not tried it yet, but I would think that you would use up 2 licenses.

That's what I figured. I'm ok with two licenses, though I am not so sure it will take two because the VIN should be the same in both ECM's. I'll find out soon enough and post up the results.

PS I looked in my factory service manual and couldn't find this, what section is it in?

Thanks.

I have the factory manual dated 2006 for the Speedster/Utopia/Islandia series. It is the latest manual that they printed for my Utopia.

In the electrical system section 6, page 266 is where they discuss DESS key programming.

OK thanks. My 2004 Speedster Specific manual does not have that info in it, but it totally makes sense. Both engines essentially have their own separate electrical management systems.

Just to update this, I got my CanDoo and since both engines ECM's have the same VIN, it only used one VIN out of my 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back