Can Bus 102 (actual troubleshooting)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkov608

Hey members! We're back with some actual Can Bus network troubleshooting. Reference Can Bus 101

After cleaning up the iBR harness connector and the iBR module socket, we took the ski out for a trial. The ski ran great for about 1.5 hours, but then it went into limp home mode yet again. After shutdown (lanyard off the post) and restart, the ski came back to (normal) life.

When we got the ski back to the garage, we had four active codes in memory ... P062C (cluster issue), U0129 iBR comm fault, P1661 (iBR malfunction detected by ECM), and U0401 Comm fault between ECM and iBR.

So we started troubleshooting ....

I am seeing a lot of the 2011 to 2014 ibr failures that are throwing the exact codes. Once the ibr unit is replaced and married, it will run like new. The only problem now is getting new ones from BRP which several model ibr units are back ordered for several months. They are using all the electronics they have available for new ski sales and not replacement parts.

Yes I noticed on my 2017 ski that BRP modified the module and the location of the module compared to the 2013 ski. I guess BRP forgot he Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) on the early design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back