Cageless needle bearings for 93 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

campinitos

Does anybody know where I could source cageless needle bearings for my 93 XP with thrust washers for the con rods?

I have bought some caged bearings according to model number and year but they don't fit, so I think the crank installed may not be original. When I stripped it down there were brass bearings in place, and one had started to shear, so no original needle bearings as expected. There appears to be no other damage, so I was hoping to renew the bearings without renewing the whole crank.

To give you an idea of size, the diameter of the inside of the conrod is 21.5mm. The piston pin thickness measures 20mm. This leaves me with a 1.5mm gap to fit the needle bearings in, which will need to measure <0.75mm each.

I've tried so many dealers but everybody seems to sell the caged bearings only, which I know don't fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I had this issue with my 93 and 94 xp's. The connect rods are a different diameter but the wrist pins are the same. If u ordered ones for a 93 xp order the slightly larger wrist pin bearings for a 94. This will solve ur issue. There is no need for cageless ones.

Ah you legend! This has been killing me for ages!

So the larger wrist pin bearing for the 94 ski is smaller in diameter than the 93 bearings right?

The 93 ones I ordered are too big to fit in top of the con rod but they are snug as around the wrist pin.

This may seem confusing a little but u have to make sure that your connecting rod or engine is of a 93 xp. Those wrist pin bearings are actually smaller which would make me believe if you ordered for a 93 u may have a 94 crankshaft. When u buy a wsm piston kit there are 2 kits. One for a 93 and the other for a 94-96 657. Are you sure u have wrist pin bearings for a 93 or 94? Which kit do u have. If u are certain you have a 93 xp crankshaft u can seperately order wrist pins bearings for a 93. Regardless the 580, 93 657 and 94 657 are different wrist pin bearing sizes so figure out which one u have for sure.

When I get home later I will compare the bearings and get back to u, but there is definetely a size difference and the part numbers on both wrist pin bearings are different. So identify the one you have and buy the opposite.

I first experienced this issue on a 94 xp I bought. The guy sent me a 93 wsm kit and when I installed them I immediately noticed excessive play so I purchashed the proper bearings and this solved my issue.

Cheers mate

The bearings I ordered were WSM part 010-121 - S-DOO TOP END WRIST PIN BEARING for a 93 650.

The measurement of these from outer cage to outer cage = 23mm

The inside of my connecting rod top hole measures 21.5mm

The wrist pin measures 20mm and fits snugly inside the bearing, but clearly the bearing is too big to fit inside the con rod by 1.5mm

What's further puzzling is that when I stripped the ski down, someone somewhere along the line had installed brass non roller bearings.

Is there any way to tell exactly which engine I have?

It's possible that there has been some interchanging of parts. The next smaller one down is for a 580 cc. Is it possible that this is a 580 cc engine??? I ordered part 121 from wsm last week because I needed it for a 93 xp aswell. So your saying part number 121 is too big right?? The 94 ones will be even bigger, but I will confirm that when I get home. I am certain that the 93 wrist pin bearings have an outside diameter smaller that the 94 and this is why I had so much play.

Cheers mate

The bearings I ordered were WSM part 010-121 - S-DOO TOP END WRIST PIN BEARING for a 93 650.

The measurement of these from outer cage to outer cage = 23mm

The inside of my connecting rod top hole measures 21.5mm

The wrist pin measures 20mm and fits snugly inside the bearing, but clearly the bearing is too big to fit inside the con rod by 1.5mm

What's further puzzling is that when I stripped the ski down, someone somewhere along the line had installed brass non roller bearings.

Is there any way to tell exactly which engine I have?

post up pics ofthe motor and top of flywheel housing, cases..etc along with a pic of ski, too.

Yeah the 121 bearings was 1.5mm too big for the top of the rods. To get the current wrist pin in, I would need bearings <0.75mm thick - pretty much an actual needle's thickness. I'm hoping to have them made by a local bearing dealer, because the only other way around this is a recon crank to fit a $5 part right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back