Bypass dess

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffspx

Sorry if this is kinda a dumb question. I searched it but hadn’t found what my question was.
I have the matching dess lanyard. Everything works, no problems. The lanyard itself though, is in bad shape. The coils are completely broken apart.
what I’m asking is:
Can I secure the dess post inside the hull with the dess key on it. Then install an older style tether kill switch in series with one of the 3 wires on the dess circuit, and install the switch on the hull in place of the dess post?
then it would save the cost of getting a new lanyard and programming and simplify the number of lanyards I have, as I could use the one from my spi.
thanks for the feedback.

I guess I had just thought about that part being “permanently” installed to the key portion

Ok. I guess that’s the route I’ll go. Out of curiosity, any idea if my suggested plan would of worked?

I agree with Miki that it’s adding a point of failure that you don’t need, but I do have a setup on one of my skis that is somewhat similar to what you were trying to do. I have a battery cutoff on my 96XP that kills the ground from the battery. If I leave the lanyard cap on the post and turn the kill switch off and then back on, I get the two beeps like normal. You can’t use that exact setup to do what you want, because the ski would keep going if you fell off, but you could use a universal tethered kill switch to interrupt the ground while leaving the dess cap on the post. It’s easier to just have a second key programmed and leave it factory though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back