Buying the speedster 200 with 430Hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxteridos

Hello my friends,

I come from Greece and i am crazy about this model. Does anyone has it?
How it goes on the waves? Is is mostly for lakes?
Thank you.
:)

430 hp?....

I think there may be a language barrier problem here. The Mercury 240 EFI (240 hp) or the optimax (250 hp) are from what I can find out, the only two V-6 engines used in the SeaDoo sport boat. I wasn't able to find a 430 hp engine. But man, that would be a pretty fast boat if I could!...:cool:
These boats are durable, with many systems and subsystems that protect the engine, making it one of the most durable engines in sport boating today. If you like smooth water riding, pulling a tube, wake board or just riding around, then a lake would be awesome to run this boat at it's designed speeds. If you look to take it out into the open ocean; as with any boat, be prepared to be holding on to a wild horse ride. It hits the swells and takes a beating and still preforms well. Any boat in rough waters is going to ride rough, but it can take the pounding, structurally anyway.
I hope this gives you a little insight into the world of seadoo boats!.....
Happy boating!.....:cool:

Thank you very much my friends for kind your answers.
I think that there is speedster with 2 engines x 215 Hp. Above there is a link from this boat. I do not want to go to open ocean, but just in the sea and round there close. We do not have lakes here.
I am crazy about it. It is like a rocket!!! look this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0vKaKXE40

Wow!

Good luck with the boat!....I followed your link and your right, it's like a rocket on the water!..........man, that thing is fast!...
I have the Challenger and it's no where as fast as that, but last week-end, when I was out in the bay, I was coming home and ran across the wake of a 22' to 24' Wellcraft while I was wide open..........man, did I catch some serious air....!.....it was awesome. The landing was a bit hard, but it was awesome!.......:cool:

I have never done it, but you know how on a PWC you can turn hard either direction and kinda spinout? Do you know if this is possible with the jet boat? Feels like it would work, but I don't want to risk a flip.

Spin out!

My Challenger will do it really easy. The first time I did it, it scared me. That's because a little water slipped over the gunnel (gunwale). The boats floor has a drain built in that seperates the cockpit from the inner hull. If water spills over the edge, it just drains out the back.
Now these new boats, like the one that guy sent us the video link on that went through the water like a bullet...........I doubt the kinetic energy of spinning it around would keep the keel face down........I know I wouldn't spin it.
But my boat, if I cut the wheel hard, it does the same thing as a ski. It's cool when you pull a tuber!...........it sends them flying!

I just boat that boat it fast as hell i was out racing Baja and RXPs all week with it kicked everything a*s. It handles waves 1 to 3s ok but i was out in 4+ footers not a good idea. Great boat no problems with it yet i would get the added 3 year warrenty with it its only like 1500. I picked the boat up for 25,000 out the door with a cover and i put the warrenty on it for another 1500. yes that was the boat with 430 hp still in the strink rap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at one now that I might just purchase...If the buyer for my 26' ChrisCraft comes through.

hey kustomkarl i just bought my speedster from barneys up in st pet they have 3 more 2007s 310 hps in stock. just so you know they are having a slow month and they are getting there new boats in this weeks. So they are giving great deals off of the 07 boats. Just so you know. I saw that u live in englewood my grandparents leave there. I brough the boat down there a week ago to go wakeboading in ski allay. Ill be down there end of feb for some more boating down there.

wow!

Man, if the price is that good, I may want to come down there and get one for myself!.............
I've been looking at the 1800 Challenger. I've looked at one Utopia too. We live on the bay and it opens into the Gulf of Mexico, so the water conditions are constantly changing. The Challenger I have now, does real well in the small surf, but we get some pretty good ones out in the Gulf.....
The price for these things on ebay are outrageous. If I'm gonna pay what they're asking, I might as well buy a new one!:cheers:

hey on ebay there is a 430 hp speedster for sale for 24000 brand new i just saw today some where in FL right now is the best time to buy because all the 08 are comming in and the 07 didnt sell because of the economy

hey on ebay there is a 430 hp speedster for sale for 24000 brand new i just saw today some where in FL right now is the best time to buy because all the 08 are comming in and the 07 didnt sell because of the economy

Hey supercharged, I just went to a seadoo dealer here in Sarasota. The salesman said "NO 07 left" he only has 08 on the grounds and they have NO discounts...MSRP only! The 430 here is like $34,000! I told him i didn't need it that bad....I looked at the 1800 challenger 08 ...$24,699...+ $250.00 for a trailer+ Dealer prep and all the other fees almost 29K out the door and no test runs in a new boat!...I'm going to Barney's...these guys here are nuts!

Got a watch the speed!!

hey kustomkarl i just bought my speedster from barneys up in st pet they have 3 more 2007s 310 hps in stock. just so you know they are having a slow month and they are getting there new boats in this weeks. So they are giving great deals off of the 07 boats. Just so you know. I saw that u live in englewood my grandparents leave there. I brough the boat down there a week ago to go wakeboading in ski allay. Ill be down there end of feb for some more boating down there.

Let me know when your in town and we go rip up the waves on the ICW or in ski alley. You have to watch the shore petrol cause the speed limit is 25 in the ICW and no wake outside the markers...Now is manatee time in the warmer ICW.
Karl

hey kustomkarl call barneys in st pete they are the ones with the 310s left and were giving the deals the main manager Jeff is who gives the deals and the sales person was Jeff as well first call jeff the sales man and bull shit with him. Tell him you are friends with the brothers from chicago who bought the Speedster 430. Tell him what u are looking for i know they still have atleast 3 of the 310 hp ones new. Two of them are on the show room. Its the barneys in St pete there is two of them the other barneys is in sarasota. Ya ill be down there end of feb racing around there. Ill let you know. O ya them cost guard cops whatever lol. They chaced me last time i was down there lol i got away my brother got caught. Ya there a joke they came to my grandparents house a year ago because we ran from them. They found us latter that day when we were pulling are old waverunners out. They gave us a warning. But ill let you know when i am going down there.

I done did it last week...I bought the Blue speedster 310 HP from Barney's on Friday. I have it 1/2 broke in on saturday... God I love that boat..I got a great deal too. I bought it from JJ and Geno. I got a great deal and New cover for free after the sale. That showroom is amazing/ with the underground storage garage. I did the deal on Thursday and picked it up on friday....so we be cruising when you come down next time. I'll post pics, when I get a chance.
Karl

congrads ya i put like 15 hours on mine in one weekend mine is at barneys now having the 10 hour check up. Ya i love that boat the i wanted the 310 for the better gas milage and its less to fill up. the 430 dose great if i drive at 35 mph all the time but once i hit the gas fuel level drops so fast. I think the 310 is better for salt water is the way to go down there. If i get to much salt water in the hall and it around the engines they have to be rebuilt. The salt water gets in the superchargers and then gose threw out the engines. Ya 310 is the way to go i think but just got the 430 less then the 310 thats why i got the 430. Congrads its a blast ill be down there end of feb. put some pics up.

Yea it is a blast, I only got like 3 hrs or so on it now. I'm also installing a depth guage like in my Challenger, only in black. It has the wiring already for the guage and the blank spot, so it will take like maybe an hr to install. Keep me posted when you arrive.
Karl

You guys have it a lot easier on the pricing side than us over here.
List on a brand new speedster150 (215hp) with tower is £21,000 thats over $40,000 ! Just goes to show, it would have been cheaper to buy a flight to Florida for a weekend and have it shipped over. I just bought a 2005 model from a dealer for £13,250 so a shade over $26,000.

We are closer to Canada, where they are made. I think the inflated price is ridiculous. Someone is making making money on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back