Buying advice challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
my pleasure. I just ordered a couple kits from GelCote
http://www.gelcote.com/product-category/custom-brp-colours/sea-doo-sport-boats/

The kits include the color matched paste and hardener, which is what they recommend for filling chips/scratches. The liquid gelcoat is for larger areas and should be sprayed on. I called them and spoke to Gabrial. Nice guy and steered me in the right direction. $45 US each kit and I should be getting them today. They're in Peterborugh, ON.

Ok so the hunt is back on again. This is some rollercoaster experience! The market is hot and cold. But I have now placed a deposit on a nice 2012 hopefully will be on the water by the weekend.

I’d love a water test but not sure if that will happen. So I’m bringing a compression tester anyone know what the bar/psi should be? (I’m aware of the 10% difference but is there a target range?) Pic of tester attached assuming I can use the rubber cone and avoid screwing fittings in. What’s the compression test process on 2012 Rotax 260hp challengers?

I’m pretty handy so in lieu of water test sounds like worst thing is cavitation solved by wear ring/impeller wear. Assuming it runs and compression is good? Tell me if I’m missing something.

EBBC02E8-0AF7-4744-A967-542E08BD552B.jpeg

Well the hunt is over. Picked her up yesterday. Had her in the water today. What a smile machine! I’m so happy with it, worth the wait.

Blue 2012 180 SE 260hp, has all the optional upgrades except for the wake tower. Hull in pristine condition and only 100hrs on the motor which what also in pristine condition.

Previous owner babied it. Hope to do the same. Docking is a new experience!

Thank you all for the advice, i didn’t feel the need to do a compression test in the moment, he was a very honest person and I could see the condition it was in. Sounded good running. But the advice here made it a purchase I went into with my eyes wide open.

If anyone is selling an OEM tower I’m interested. But you can enjoy it for one more summer first, the wallet is a little lighter, I can wait a bit before getting a tower!

Spectacular news, congrats! Just splashed mine today for the first time this season and yes indeed, they are smile machines.

There is vast amounts of knowledge on this board, I continually browse and search for things and find something new and interesting almost every time.

Docking…yup. Practice practice practice. You’ll find that you don’t need to move the bucket fully in F or R to do what you need to do at low speed which really helps.

Look forward to seeing pics!
John

Well done and wish you many years of enjoyment with you new toy. I was out on Georgian Bay this Friday and water was smooth as glass. We had great day. Sea you on the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back