Buying a new boat..Sea Doo or something else??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sako7STW

Yes, I sold my Utopia 205 that I did the stereo in the Modified section on here. We got in a financial bind but now due to my new job, in the next year I am going to buy me a new boat...errr....at least new to me.

I want something bigger than my 205. I am thinking a 230 of some sort in the Sea Doo line up or moving to something else in the 22-24ft size. Open bow. My big concern is my son is really likeing the wakeboarding. Of course you can wakeboard behind these boats as I already know but the wake on my 205 was seriously lacking. I am wondering if the 230's would put out the wake we desire?? Does anyone have any pics of the wakes these boats put out? I found what looks to be like a great deal on a 2007, 230 Challenger 430hp model that is pretty loaded up with a tower and stuff and in like new condition for $23,500.00 Good deal, or not so much??

Also are there any years or models that have been known to be prone with problems? I am mainly looking at 430hp models but would jump on a 510HP model in a second if they are worth it!? If i get a new one though, I promise, I will do another system in it that will blow the doors off my other one!!

So please give me your opinions and be honest. Other boats I have been looking at include the Monterey's, Malibu, Mastercrafts and the like, Cobalt's, Chaparral, Four Winns, Sea Ray's, and Bayliners. All would be used of course.

The 08+ are ok, but earlier than that had the supercharger issues. I love my 2012 and the wake is great. I am always with my buddy and his 2012 mastercraft x25, and my wake is just as big.

Thanks for the heads up. Did they come out with any updates or recalls to get the supercharger issues undercontrol or is it a crap shoot and you hope for the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back